Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chalk Technique on "The Cheap"

As a new card maker I'm trying out all the different techniques I can get my hands on.  I didn't want to invest in a set of chalks in case I didn't like the result sooooooo... I noticed some bright color eyeshadow palettes at the Dollar store and wondered if it would work.
 I used them to color in a stamped image using one of those pointy cotton swabs for make up application.. I like it and the slight shimmer is really pretty.
I have also tried the eyeshadows with the Versamark stamped image technique with good results. It seems  less absorbent paper is best so the Versamark sits on top and you get a more detailed image. Also I have found that it's best to tap the "chalk" onto the Versamark stamped image or it will smear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment